Snore, Snore, School’s a Bore.
That charming title phrase was introduced to me by my 8th grade English teacher, who was one of the best teachers I ever had. There was an accompanying line, but I can’t seem to remember it… Anyone else heard the rhyme before and can fill in the blanks?
I know, I’ve been very remiss in my blogging duties. I do have two new patterns, so my camera batteries are changing as we speak… Unfortunately, I’ve misplaced my example of the first pattern, so it may be a while until you see it. Again, apologies!
I’ve also started to plan for summer. I really should be finding a job to help pay for college but really, the market’s not looking very good and I’ll probably end up working in the same company as my parents. Anyways, here’s my in-progress list of what I’d like to do:
- Harry’s birthday present: He turns 19 in August, but I got the idea for this months ago. It’s a completely different craft than my usual.
- A shrug for my mother: I have many, many skeins of charcoal Cotton Ease that I want to use up. (If you’d like to swap for a skein or two, let me know!) I like the yarn, but the color is hard to work with. My mother loves light shrugs, especially for the office. I haven’t decided if I’ll make my own pattern or use one on Ravelry.
- A bag: I need a smallish bag to carry daily necessities around, and I’d like to make it myself. This one needs more planning…
- Some patterns to sell: As much as I need the positive karma, I also need to support my yarn habit. (I’m saving for a set of double points too!) The free patterns will always be free, and I’ll never stop making them, I promise!
- A needle/hook roll: I want a big one to fit all of the doubles, circulars, and jumbos I will ever own. Is that even possible?
- The Etsy: I have one, I swear! This is my biggest goal, to get the shop up and running, which means any feedback from you means a ton to me.
Thanks for letting me clean up in front of company, as it were… Hopefully things will be back to normal soon. But I will warn you, until exams and school are over, it’s going to be very quiet around here. I have to study!